I am a PhD student at ETH Zurich, advised by Prof. David Steurer. I am interested in theoretical aspects of computer science and machine learning.
Contact me at rares dot buhai at inf dot ethz dot ch.
- Beyond Parallel Pancakes: Quasi-Polynomial Time Guarantees for Non-Spherical Gaussian Mixtures
RB, David Steurer
- Algorithms approaching the threshold for semi-random planted clique
RB, Pravesh K. Kothari, David Steurer
- Learning Restricted Boltzmann Machines with Sparse Latent Variables
Guy Bresler, RB
- Empirical Study of the Benefits of Overparameterization in Learning Latent Variable Models
RB, Yoni Halpern, Yoon Kim, Andrej Risteski, David Sontag
- Human-Aware Robotic Assistant for Collaborative Assembly: Integrating Human Motion Prediction With Planning in Time
Vaibhav V. Unhelkar, Przemyslaw A. Lasota, Quirin Tyroller, RB, Laurie Marceau, Barbara Deml, Julie A. Shah
IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2018
- ETH Zurich, TA: Algorithms and Data Structures (Fall 2021, 2022, 2023), Algorithmic Foundations of Data Science (Spring 2022), Optimization for Data Science (Spring 2021)
- MIT, TA: Machine Learning 6.867 (Spring 2020), Introduction to Probability 6.041 (Fall 2019)